Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's Instinct

This afternoon, Handsome and I were in the Jeep on the way to the Roller Rink for three or four hours of fun and exercise. Everyone is on wheels, and turning to the left, and the left, and the left... It's like an extremely poor man's Nascar. They have bigger crashes, but we have lots more of them.
So we were driving along, and Handsome had asked me if I had the Moleskin from the first aid kit. He sometimes needs it for his feet, since the rental skates occasionally give him blisters. I told him I had it, but there wasn't a lot left.
"We have enough to get us through the day of skating, but we have to stop at the pharmacy on the way home afterward and buy some more to be ready for next week when we go skating again. We have to stop and get a card for my Grandpa, since tonight is his birthday party, but we should be able to get it all out of the way at the same place. One-one-stop-shopping. How's that sound?"
He stared straight ahead.
"Handsome? How's that sound?"
His head snapped over, and his eyes focused on me.
"What?" he said. "Sorry, my boredom instinct sensed boredom ahead, and it made me think about something else for a while. What did you say?"
"Wow."
"No, really, what did you say?"
"Wow.
"Dad, I'm serious. What did you say?"
"I... I said... Wow."

Yup. Sometimes it's painful, but he's definitely mine.

Talk to you later!

P.S. - For those who were paying attention last week, and were wondering about his week's trip to the Roller Rink, I made it through this trip intact. No slips, trips or falls.
I do have three massive blisters, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment