Monday, December 26, 2011

It's A Bird! It's A Plane!

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a ...camera? No! Wait! It's a Cameraplane!

Yesterday I told you about the Air Swimmers shark than now floats through the house. I have to tell you, even when no one's playing with that thing, just having it loose in the house, floating gently in whatever air currents exist from the heat, people walking by, etc. is spooky and fun. You leave a room empty only to come back in about 5 minutes to find that -surprise! There's a 5 foot shark floating in the middle of the room now, and it's turned to face the door like it's waiting for you to come back. Silent, surprising, and so much fun!

Today I get to tell you about another flying toy of Handsome's - the Hawk Eye Blue Sky camera Plane, from Air Hogs.   We took it to the park this afternoon to give it a spin. It's a radio controlled stunt plane that has a built in camera capable of taking still shots or video. This is another thing that, if it works half as well as it looks to on the box and the video, is going to be one heck of a fun toy!

In fact, it was very fun! I have the video Handsome took with the plane in my computer right now. It shows the sky, the grass, and then the branches of the tree it was lodged in.
I fished it down, and the video continued.
The grass, the sky, the branches of the second tree it was lodged in.
The branches of the third tree. Then the fourth.
There is a little footage in-between attempted flights that shows my feet walking swiftly across the grass as I attempted to have us launch the thing as far from the trees as possible, and these are times Handsome hit the 'record' button and did not tell me. I'm darn glad there is no sound associated with the plane's recordings, as I'm fairly sure there would have been some muttered curses captured on those little clips.

Perhaps the next time we break the plane out we'll choose a less windy day?

Yes, I think so.

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment