Saturday, November 12, 2011

Once... But Later...

Once, I said
"I don't need email! If I have something to say to someone I'll just call them on the phone! Of course, I suppose that means I should get a mobile phone..."
But Later I said
Wow, sometimes it's just hard to get a hold of people! I suppose I could use an email address. Or two. Or four.  Well, okay, if I have nine, but I have most of them auto-forwarding to the main address, then I shouldn't miss any messages..."

Once I said
"Why would I text? I don't have anyone I'd care to text with. I don't text."
But Later I said
"You can text me the details. Yeah, just use my Yahoo address. I have it auto-forwarding texts to my phone, I'll get the message for sure!"

Once I said
"FaceBook? That's like that MySpace, right? I was never on MySpace, I'll never be on FaceBook either. It's just a stupid social thing, the New Millennium version of those party telephone lines they advertised in the '80s."
But Later I said
"Yeah, I saw that posted on FaceBook. I couldn't believe she said it either, but I 'liked' it anyway. Stole it for a re-post!"

Once I said
"Blog? No, man, even the word sounds stupid. Look, I don't care of lots of writers have a blog, I'm not going to be one of those self indulgent guys... I mean, what could I possibly write about with any kind of regularity that anyone would care to read?"
Later I said
You're here reading this, aren't you? What do I have to do, draw you a picture? I think we both know how that turned out...

Once I said
"'Twitter'? 'Tweeting'? Are you serious? I don't care that they call it a 'micro-blog', it sounds so stupid! There is no way I'm doing that!"
Later I said
"So, this Twitter thing can help me get my work out to more people, maybe help me build a fan base for when I write a book? Really? Hmmm....."

Yup. That's me. A will of iron!
No, wait! Steel! Yeah, steel!
... no, wait!

Tweet you later!

I mean... uh... dammit!

No comments:

Post a Comment