Thursday, September 29, 2011

Digging That Funky Sound

So yesterday I was sitting at the dining room table at Handsome's house, putting the finishing touches on that day's blog. (If you haven't seen it, this entry may make more sense to you if you read that one first - it's the one titled 'Mindworm') I had decided to out in a link to a Village People video on YouTube. I performed the search, found the right video, and copied the URL. That was all I had to do, really, I could have left or even closed the page and returned to the blog to embed the link, finishing the blog.
The song, however, was starting.
It was still stuck in my head, so with a shameful fascination I maximized the window and just let the video roll.
It was about 1/3 of the way along when Handsome appeared by my side, fresh from the shower.
"What'cha doin', Dad?"
"Watching the video of this band."
He stood next to me and watched with me, as the Village People danced up the sidewalk singing "YMCA" with a gusto never seen before, and not seen since. They pumped fists, they swung hips, they kicked and jumped. They were also, unfortunately, dressed as the Village People.
After about a minute of this I became aware of Handsome looking at me sideways.
"This is awful! I mean, I'm embarrassed to be here seeing this and nobody even knows!"
"It's just a band," I explained. "They're just a band with a gimmick. They dress like everyday people, you know, like guys who work for a living, while they perform."
I thought it sounded good, but Handsome's finger stabbed at the screen.
"An indian? What about the indian?"



"Uh ... " I gave it some thought, trying to come up with a good explanation for the Village People.

I failed.




"Okay, that's it, I'm embarrassed to be seen with you," he said, waving a hand at me as he hurried away.
"What," I shouted, "it's not like anybody knows we watched it."

Until now. (Cue the Evil Laughter!) Muhahahahaaaaa ...






Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment