Friday, June 17, 2011

Oh Yeah. Hydrive, Baby. Check it Out!

As I sit here, trying to come up with something to blog about this evening and coming up blank, it occurs to me that I am tired. Now, normally I would reach for a Hydrive, and that gave me an idea. For those of you who have never heard of Hydrive, I decided to put in a quick little bit about how I found my favorite energy drink.
I used to drink soda all the time. I was a big fan of a certain Pepsi product called Mountain Dew. High in sugar, high in caffeine, it was what kept me going through the day. I don't drink coffee, so I'd have one with breakfast. I need to focus at work, so I would have one in the morning. Need to be alert for that drive home after working 10,11 or even 12 hours? Have another Mountain Dew.
Now, there were some people at work, well they weren't all at work, but most of them were, who would get on my case about the amount of Mountain Dew I was drinking. "Do you know what's in that stuff?" Yes, yes I do. "Do you know how much caffeine is in that?" Yes, yes I do. "You don't think drinking that is bad for you?" Yes, yes I do, but only because it makes people like you who are all hopped up on the four coffees with extra sugar they had in the morning, come over to me every day to tell me how bad it is.
Eventually, the Mountain Dew wasn't giving me a kick. I was drinking it all day, so I was used to that amount of caffeine. All day, everyday. Then, I found Amp.
While Mountain Dew has a 4.5 mg of caffeine per ounce, Amp has a whopping 9 to mg of caffeine per ounce. Way to jumpstart your heart! Once the coffee drinking do-gooders at work learned I was drinking Amp, you'd think they lost their ever loving minds! Not a day could go by without two, sometimes three of them stopping by my bench to harp on the damage I was doing myself. All that caffeine! Every day! Did I know what I was doing to myself?
Yes, I knew exactly what I was doing to myself. I was making myself hate my coworkers. Well, some of them anyway. Then, wonder of wonders, I discovered Hydrive.
Whereas Mountain Dew has 4.5 mg of caffeine per ounce, and Amp has 9 mg of caffeine per ounce, Hydrive also contains 9 mg of caffeine per ounce. However, with additional taurine, guarine, and other ingredients creating a proprietary energy blend, the total blended energy blast contained within one ounce of Hydrive comes out to 15.3 mg.
4.5… Nine… 15.3.
I'll take the 15.3 please.
And here's the kicker: it says right on every bottle "Enhanced Water Energy Drink".
So, the caffeine Nazis began to come up to me and inspect my new drink. "Water? You drinking flavored water? That's awesome! That is so much better for you than all that energy crap you were drinking before! I'm actually proud of you!" And they'd walk away.
And there I would stand, and still do to this day, accepting congratulations for being so healthful while I pounded down 245 mg of proprietary energy blend per 16 ounce bottle.
I kind of have to hope that they get to me with their congratulations early. If they wait too long, I can't hear them over the thunderous beating of my own racing heart.

Oh yeah. Hydrive, Baby. Check it out!

Talk to you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment